Thursday, December 10, 2020

Ten Days of Christmas #4: Illumination

 


   Hello everybody, and welcome to the Ten Days of Christmas blog party! I'm very excited to be participating in this. This blog event will be posted every two days. Specifically, December 4th, 6th, 8th, 10th, 12th, 14th, 16th, 18th, 20th, and 22nd. On each day but the last one, the theme will be associated with a certain letter of "Christmas." At the end of the event (the 22nd), the winner of the giveaway will be announced.

With that brief overview out of the way, let's get started!

Today's letter from C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S is "I" for 


 According to the dictionary:

   illumination | iˌlo͞oməˈnāSH(ə)n |         noun 1 lighting or light: higher levels of illumination are needed for reading.  (often illuminations) a display of lights on a building or other structure.
Let's see. What are some of my favorite "illuminations" at Christmastime?   
How about . . .

Christmas tree lights


Christmas lights (in general)



Glowing snowflakes(also a form of Christmas lights)


(Let it be known . . . all pictures that are coming up are not mine, but they are courtesy of the internet.)
Starry nights



Candles


Christmas lanterns


Oh, and here's one more thing I adore but totally forgot to put on the post. I can't bear to leave it out, though, so . . .
Lighted deer


   I love Christmas lights! They're so pretty, and versatile. You can wind them around in different ways to form so many amazing decorations. They're pretty on houses, on garlands, around my neck (just kidding. I don't actually have a Christmas light necklace, though you can buy them for fairly cheap), and more! I put up/helped put up multiple strings of lights this Christmas season.

  Visit Little Blossoms for JesusCulinary Scribbles, and Rebekah's Reading Room to see the coordinating posts from the other participants, and don't forget to enter the giveaway!


6 comments:

  1. These are so pretty! I need a Christmas lights necklace :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've got a sister who has one, and it's really fun!

      Delete
  2. I love Christmas lights!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, so do I! I'd love to have my house decked out with them in future. ;)

      Delete

If your comment doesn't show up immediately, don't worry. It'll be up as soon as I approve it.