Monday, October 26, 2020

Just a Few Fall Joys

    Hello, friends! I am doing the blog post idea I got from Ellen who got it from Mikayla, so we'll see how this goes! It's a list of some of the little joys of this autumn. Enjoy!

Just a Few Fall Joys

Tromping around in a muddy corn maze

Rubber rain boots

Cuddly throw blankets

Long-sleeved pajamas

My precious fuzzy bed socks 

Red, orange, brown, and yellow

Deepening twilight

An interesting got-vehicle-really-stuck-in-deep-mud adventure

The pumpkin patch in the freezing cold valley

The scent of freshly-cut new firewood

My brown winter coat

Gorgeous sunsets ablaze over the valley

Various adorable teeny tiny pumpkins

Hot chocolate

Spiced apple cider

Warm travel mugs

Christmas approaching 

Huddling indoors while other people run around outside in short sleeves

Seeing five squirrels on our porch at one time

Putting out peanuts for fluffy-tailed critters (squirrels, specifically)

Making new friends

Glittering frost on delicate blades of grass

Puffs of breath that quickly disperse

Painted pumpkins


And here's a few pictures to go with it.






This is my own pumpkin.



            Credit goes to my sister for painting this.


   Now, I must note a few things regarding this list. First of all, I wear fuzzy socks in bed all the time in every season . . . though winter and fall is when I am most appreciative of them. And secondly, the picture which has my rubber boots is not from the got-vehicle-really-stuck-in-deep-mud adventure; it is from the pumpkin patch trip. Trust me. After that event with the mud (in which it took half an hour to forty-five minutes to get all the vehicles free from their sticky confines), my boots were not as clean as they are in that picture. It took a pretty amount of time for me to scrub them decently clean with a rag. And lastly, while getting stuck in goopy mud is generally not joyous and is time-consuming, it was both my first time experiencing such an event and it also could have been worse (though you might not have thought so if you were there. It was crazy). Thus I put that event on the list . . . not necessarily because the event itself was fun, but because I now can look back on it and laugh. 




8 comments:

  1. Aww, I love this!! So glad you decided to collect and post about some of your own favorite fall joys. :) And the snippet at the end is so fun! I've never been stuck in the mud before, but it certainly sounds like quite the adventure! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessss. That was one of my more notable adventures for sure. (Aka, it made it into my journal. *wink*)

      Delete
  2. I love this so much!! I really must do one myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it! and you should do this; it's such fun.

      Delete
  3. Nice post! Please do another post like this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool!
    I love fall!
    Only I like to wear tennis shoes in the fall (I'm weird and never match.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay; I wear tennis shoes in the fall too! At first I wanted to wear them to that muddy farm, but now I'm glad I didn't.

      Delete

If your comment doesn't show up immediately, don't worry. It'll be up as soon as I approve it.