Friday, December 4, 2020

Ten Days of Christmas #1: Carols

     


   Hello everybody, and welcome to the Ten Days of Christmas blog party! I'm very excited to be participating in this. This blog event will be posted every two days (starting with today). Specifically, December 4th, 6th, 8th, 10th, 12th, 14th, 16th, 18th, 20th, and 22nd. On each day but the last one, the theme will be associated with a certain letter of "Christmas." At the end of the event (the 22nd), the winner of the giveaway will be announced.

With that brief overview out of the way, let's get started!

Today's letter from C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S is "C" for 



   Ah, I love Christmas songs. Thankfully, I've given myself a limit of whatever amount I want to list, so long as it's over five. *beams* Let's get to it!


#1: The First Noel 

(Lyrics can be found here)

I love this song. It's so pretty, and the melody is so easy to sing (for me, at least). It's definitely one of my favorites.


#2: O Holy Night

(Lyrics can be found here)

Beautiful. And I can sing it comfortably in my own voice range! (I'm a 1st soprano. One of the highest, for those of you who don't know what that means.)


#3: O Little Town of Bethlehem 

(Lyrics can be found here)

*wraps it in a hug* That's all I'll say about it.


#4: Silent Night

(Lyrics can be found here)

Somehow, this carol feels homey. I'm not sure what it is. Perhaps it's the sweet, slower, calm tune or maybe it's the "warmth" in the words. I don't know. I do know, however, that this is one of my favorite Christmastime songs.


#5: O Come O Come, Emmanuel

(Lyrics can be found here)

This one kind of has the same feel as Silent Night for me. Warm and beautiful.


#6: Angels We Have Heard on High

(Lyrics can be found here)

This one is pretty popular and is tends to not be sung quite as slowly as some of my other favorites. I like it anyway. Not to mention that it's fun to sing!


I have other favorites, including:

-It Came Upon a Midnight Clear

-What Child is This?

-Carol of the Bells (this one is so-o-o-o pretty!)

-Hark! the Herald Angels Sing

-Away in a Manger (this one is also really well-known, and it's pretty easy for even kids to sing)

-Ding Dong Merrily on High

. . . and the list could go on and on. But unfortunately I can't list every single one out for you. Just know that I like most carols. 

   I've been caroling before, and it's so fun! Besides the fact that my nose can get numb and I have to keep my fingers in my pockets lest they be accosted by the cold as well. :) I remember how we used to go caroling through the streets sometimes, and our voices blended in harmony and it sounded so lovely. It also gives us a chance to cheer people who were otherwise feeling alone or discontent. Not to mention that we were singing about Jesus's birth, and that alone gave an opportunity to get people thinking about what this season is really about. 


Visit Little Blossoms for JesusCulinary Scribbles, and Rebekah's Reading Room to see the coordinating posts from the other participants, and don't forget to enter the giveaway!




17 comments:

  1. So excited for the party!! I love/have heard of many of these carols. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely carols! We go caroling with a group of people from church to all the widows from church. They love it, and so does everyone else. This year we're still going to carol, but things might be a little different.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caroling is so fun. And it's so rewarding when people come out of their houses and let us know that they have been blessed by our beautiful singing. Sometimes they even offer us cookies or money!

      Delete
  3. I love Christmas Carol...
    There's one that I love love more though!
    Have you heard of the: Piano Guys ?
    They have such a good version!
    Maybe, I mean- if you haven't, you could check it out...
    They are my favorites!
    Have a good day Martha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have heard of the Piano Guys! I listen to their music. :) Most of it is instrumental, so the music is so beautiful!

      Delete
  4. I *think* O Come O Come Emmanuel and O Holy Night are my favorites. But I'm not sure. I'll probably change my mind in a second...
    Have you heard the Hebrew version of O Come O Come Emmanuel? Joshua Aaron has one and it sounds soo cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't believe I have heard of that one, Faith. But it sounds interesting!

      Delete
  5. Oh and for the giveaway thing, one thing I love about Christmas is everyone being together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this are very beautiful carols that you chose! I love these choices! Good taste Martha!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, the party is here!!!! I love O Holy Night, What Child is this and Mary did you know. They give me shivers!!😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I love those ones, too, Autumn. They have such beautiful tunes!

      Delete
  8. I love Christmas carols!! Pretty close to all of them are favourites of mine ;) One of my very favourites is "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day"!!!! I just LOVE that one!
    Thanks for hosting this event, Martha, I'll be sure to keep stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've heard you love that song, Chelsea! :D It's certainly pretty.

      So glad to have you here! It makes it even more fun!

      Delete

If your comment doesn't show up immediately, don't worry. It'll be up as soon as I approve it.