Sunday, December 6, 2020

Ten Days of Christmas #2: Holiday Stories

 


   Hello everybody, and welcome to the Ten Days of Christmas blog party! I'm very excited to be participating in this. This blog event will be posted every two days. Specifically, December 4th, 6th, 8th, 10th, 12th, 14th, 16th, 18th, 20th, and 22nd. On each day but the last one, the theme will be associated with a certain letter of "Christmas." At the end of the event (the 22nd), the winner of the giveaway will be announced.

With that brief overview out of the way, let's get started!

Today's letter from C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S is "H" for 


   I love a good Christmas story. Though I must admit that until recently, I didn't know of too many. But since that's been remedied, I have a few to share with you this holiday season.


The first of them, and perhaps one of my favorites, is:

#1: Carol in Her Heart by Rebekah Morris

   So sweet, and very well-written. I loved the warmth and closeness of longtime, special friends in this story. I'd recommend it to anyone! (And you can buy it right now on Kindle for only 99¢ here!)

Sensitive content: none

Age recommendation: all ages

My rating: 5 stars


A Carol in Her Heart by [Rebekah A. Morris]


#2: A Police Force for Christmas by Rebekah Morris
 
This was was certainly not what I'd anticipated. I mean, I can safely say that I've never read a story quite like that one. And, like all Rebekah's books that I've read so far, it's sooo good. (And can be gotten here for 99¢ as well.)

Sensitive content: none (except that a break-in is mentioned)

Age recommendation: all ages

My rating: 5 stars


A Police Force for Christmas (Christmas Collection) by [Rebekah A. Morris]


#3: Esther Ashton's New Dress by Kellyn Roth

   A short, sweet story of a girl who wonders whether her Christmas will be anything special and ends up with a happy surprise. I enjoyed it. (And you can get it for free here!)

Sensitive content: none

Age recommendation: 10+

My rating: 4.5 star

Esther Ashton's New Dress: A short story set in the United States Homefront during WWII by [Kellyn Roth]


#4: The Quiet Little Woman by Louisa May Alcott

   A-a-alright. This one is interesting. I haven't read it in a little while, so I can't quite remember it all. But I do remember I liked the first two stories in the book. It's composed of three short stories, you see. The third was okay, but I remember thinking it slightly strange because it has a horse that talks. Other than that little fact (maybe you don't mind animals talking to humans in a fictional story, and that's fine), I liked the book. It was unique.

Sensitive content: see above ^^^

Age recommendation: 10+?

My rating: 3 star


The Quiet Little Woman: Tilly's Christmas, Rosa's Tale : Three Enchanting  Christmas Stories: Alcott, Louisa May: Amazon.com: Books


#5: The Candymaker's Gift: Legend of the Candy Cane by Helen & David Haidle

   Even though it's simply a legend, it tells a fun and Christ-centered version of the origin of the beloved candy of Christmas, the candy cane.

Sensitive content: none

Age recommendation: all ages

My rating: 4 star

The Candymaker's Gift 6pk by Helen &. David Haidle


   Okay, a few things to note here. First of all, I recommend more than just those two books in Rebekah's Christmas collection. In fact, I'd recommend her Christmas book collection in general. I simply haven't read them all, but I sure would love to sometime!

   Secondly, there are more than this, but I can't name every single on on here. Just know . . . if you look hard enough, there's quite a few Christmas literary jewels to be found!


  Visit Little Blossoms for JesusCulinary Scribbles, and Rebekah's Reading Room to see the coordinating posts from the other participants, and don't forget to enter the giveaway!




5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing two of my stories! I'm honored they made it to the top of your list. :)
    I've read all the books on your list and enjoyed each one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, I've enjoyed your Christmas books immensely!

      Delete
  2. Martha, these are great choices!! I have read all of these! These are great!

    ReplyDelete

If your comment doesn't show up immediately, don't worry. It'll be up as soon as I approve it.