Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Book Review: Kiera/Favorite Authors & Books #10

    After reading various recommendations and reviews about this book, I was *very* excited to receive it for my birthday recently! I'd been planning on buying it myself, but turns out, it was gifted to me just before I'd made up my mind to purchase it. 

And now, may I present. . . .



Sensitive content: some romance (but it's between husband and wife), some serious content (regarding imprisonment, death, and baby embryos)

Age recommendation: 12+

My rating: 5 stars


   My anticipation for this book was not wasted or disappointed! I adore this book. It has some more serious themes, as stated above, but it is not vividly described and portrayed in a biblical view. The entire book has a definite Christian theme, which I very much appreciated. 

   I'm going to take a moment here to state one definite, indisputable fact: Brennan is an a.m.a.z.i.n.g character. I can't go further than that without revealing spoilers, but may I just say that I loved his role in this storyline! No, he's not perfect. But he grows a lot, and proves himself a reliable friend to Kiera especially. 

   And Kiera is somehow very relatable . . . at least for me. Of course, she's not just like me (I'd definitely react differently to a certain situation she's placed in), but the emotions she deals with are not over-exaggerated. I appreciated how she never turned her back on God, even when she's confused and hurt. 

   This earned a full five stars from me! I loved the Christian theme, the unique plot, and pretty much everything. It's very well-written, and the romance is very sweet and appropriate. Oh, and Jade. . . ! I love that little girl.




3 comments:

  1. I really want to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my YES! I absolutely agree!!

    https://culinaryscribbles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

If your comment doesn't show up immediately, don't worry. It'll be up as soon as I approve it.