Saturday, December 12, 2020

10 Days of Christmas #5: Snow

 


   Hello everybody, and welcome to the Ten Days of Christmas blog party! I'm very excited to be participating in this. This blog event will be posted every two days. Specifically, December 4th, 6th, 8th, 10th, 12th, 14th, 16th, 18th, 20th, and 22nd. On each day but the last one, the theme will be associated with a certain letter of "Christmas." At the end of the event (the 22nd), the winner of the giveaway will be announced.

With that brief overview out of the way, let's get started!

Today's letter from C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S is "S" for



   I love snow! Where I live, we don't usually get a tremendous amount of it. But when we do, it's almost as exciting as Christmas Day itself! Well, the first time it snows, at least. ;)

A few of my favorite snowy things/memories?


-Snow days!!



-Snowy roofs with chimneys peeking out


-A snow-laden volleyball net


-Sleighing (regrettably, I never have done this for real, but I'd love to sometime!)


Sleigh Ride, Horses, Winter, Snow

(This picture is not my own, but it is courtesy of the internet.)


   I love the peace that settles over everything when it snows. It becomes so still you can practically hear the flakes landing on the glittering white blanket. It seems as though the wind and air itself has frozen. 

   Just . . . quiet. Peaceful. Serene. Beautiful.

  

   But only for as long as we are inside.

  

   Once we hit the snowdrifts . . . 


   bye, bye, all you perfect, unmarked sheets of snow.


    Visit Little Blossoms for JesusCulinary Scribbles, and Rebekah's Reading Room to see the coordinating posts from the other participants, and don't forget to enter the giveaway!



3 comments:

  1. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜❄❄❄⛄⛄⛄☃️☃️☃️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love snow! And I'd love to go on a real sleigh ride. Maybe someday . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, these are all amazing... *heart eyes*

    ReplyDelete

If your comment doesn't show up immediately, don't worry. It'll be up as soon as I approve it.