Thursday, August 27, 2020

Road Trip

 Warning: This is going to be a long post, with lots of pictures!

   I got home from a road trip yesterday with mussed hair, tired legs, and a beautiful plethora of photos to share with you all. My, Whidbey Island, Washington, is gorgeous! I got so many amazing photos of the landscape that I had a difficult time choosing which ones I liked best. Here are a few (just kidding; it's more than a few) shots I took of the lake(s) we passed and the general scenery.











   It was also our puppy's first time in the car. She was so excited! She drooled all over in her determination to not miss anything. She kept scrambling around, looking out one window first and then the other. It took a lot of walking to drain this silly little girl of her energy.



   We visited two forts, too. Fort Casey was definitely my favorite! All those musty tunnels, stalactite-covered ceilings, and the wonderful salty breeze . . . I enjoyed it immensely. The fort looks rather intimidating on the outside, but as I was reminded, this was a military fort, so no wonder. I wonder what it was like for all those people, having to memorize their way through all those tunnels.




The huge guns. *can't imagine how to operate one of these things*




Random sights at the fort(s).







And last but certainly not least . . . the landscape and the breathtaking view of those branches of the Sound. 









Thanks for accompanying me on this virtual road trip. It was beautiful, wasn't it?

Here's one last picture that gives satisfaction at the closing of a long day.



Signed,

Martha

10 comments:

  1. Wooww!! So pretty!! <3 Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha, I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I recently moved from Washington and I have visited Whidbey Island one or two times. I loved Fort Casey too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Fort Casey was so neat! It actually wasn't my first time going there, but I loved it the second time anyway. :) Isn't Washington pretty?

      Delete
    2. Washington is SO pretty, yes!!

      Delete
  3. Aww! I wish I could have gone with you! It looks like you had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you could have too, my dear friend! And I did have a lot of fun!

      Delete
  4. Cool! Those are some really beautiful views!!
    -Faith Gilliosa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the water (especially the ocean), so these views were especially delightful for me.

      Delete
  5. Ahhh I want to live there so much now. One of my fav places in the whole world. I can't wait to go back! <3

    ReplyDelete

If your comment doesn't show up immediately, don't worry. It'll be up as soon as I approve it.