Monday, November 9, 2020

Merry, merry, merry, merry Autumn!

    Well, it's that time of year again. The time when I refuse to begin the Christmas season until after Thanksgiving . . . bu-u-u-ut Christmas songs get stuck in my head just the same and I find myself singing them aloud (even if I'm not meaning to). We'll see how long my resistance lasts. :) 

   I'm going to make an announcement now, even if Thanksgiving still isn't over. I'm hoping to begin a chain of Christmas-y posts starting at the beginning of December. In case I haven't made it very obvious, I love the Christmas season. So I'm going to do my best to make my first blogging Christmas a holly jolly one, with plenty of fun pictures, book mentions, and maybe some tags and the like. Just giving you fair warning. :)

   And now onto recent events. First, I have made a "works-in-progress" page for my blog, which you can reference if I am talking enthusiastically about a book you've never heard of. It might very well be one of my WIPs. And speaking of works-in-progress, I am going to mention that Millie's Miracle, which I mentioned a few blog posts previous, is going to undergo a slight change. It has evolved from "short story" to "novelette." The stubborn thing is barely written and it has almost surpassed the general word count for short stories (7,500 words or less). So there goes my attempt to write something brief. Don't worry, though; I've got yet another idea for a different short story. I'll just have to see if I can keep it short enough to label it that. :D


  Secondly, I may or may not be very diligent in posting in this month. For some reason, I have either gotten lazy or had a "blogging block." (Instead of writer's block.) However, I will try to do my best to keep you informed of any notable happenings. I have a few pictures to share in the next few weeks. Autumn-y pictures. *wink*




6 comments:

  1. Sounds so fun! I'm looking forwards to it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which one are you looking forward to? The book or the December posts? :)

      As a side note, I was thinking of doing a special "Twelve Days of Christmas" or maybe "Twelve Days of Bookishness" chain of posts in my blog. I'm not totally sure what I'll have in them (I was thinking maybe some pictures, song mentions, bookish things, CHRISTmas-related Scripture verses, and other fun things) but I'm planning on making it fun, holly jolly, encouraging, and a reminder of what the holiday is really about. With all that said, I was thinking that if any of my blogger friends wanted to, maybe I could "collaborate" with them for it. You know, kind of like Five Fall favorites. So . . . *whispers* what do you think and are you interested? :D

      Delete
    2. I'm interested, and would love to know more of what this project would entail! I'm also hoping to do something Chrismas-related w/ another blogger friend, Caleigh (http://www.caleighcarter.com). :D This'll be fun!

      Delete
    3. Both, haha!

      Hm, that would be cool! I was planning to participate in Faith Potts' 12 Days of Christmas challenge, so maybe I could combine... http://fireflysstoryspace.blogspot.com/2020/11/12-days-of-christmas-2020.html

      Delete
  2. This all sounds great, Martha! (Well, except the blogger's block. That's always a bummer. XD)
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ellen! Did you see what I wrote in my response to Katja? :)

      Delete

If your comment doesn't show up immediately, don't worry. It'll be up as soon as I approve it.