Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Favorite Authors & Books #6

    Hello, all! I have another book to share with you; it's one I really liked as a kid and now have on my own book shelf. I don't think it's printed much anymore. (Sorry if the pic isn't the best . . . I took it myself.)


                      


      This story is about a boy named Jeff who makes an unexpected discovery: an injured dog that washes up on the shore near his home. The mystery deepens when it becomes apparent this is no ordinary house dog. Why would no one be looking for a superbly-trained canine such as this one? As Jeff and the dog become inseparable, Jeff begins to hope no one ever will claim his few friend. It seems as though his wish just might come true . . . until a stranger shows up in town. (That was my own paraphrase.)

Sensitive content: a slightly intense scene, some attitude (but it gets resolved)

Age recommendation: 9 or 10+?

My rating: 4 stars

 There's really nothing wrong with it. There are some characters that have a bit of an attitude, but it's nothing too terrible, and it gets resolved in the book. There's a good amount of Christian content in it. And for all you equestrian-enthusiasts . . . it has quite a bit of "horse-y" stuff in it. I personally enjoy it. Can't wait to read it to my younger siblings sometime. 



3 comments:

If your comment doesn't show up immediately, don't worry. It'll be up as soon as I approve it.