Saturday, July 25, 2020

Behind the Blogger Tag

    I'm very excited about this! I have never done a tag before, but they look like fun, so I guess I'll give it a try! Well, here goes!

                                       Behind the Blogger Tag!

The Rules:

1) Thank the person who nominated you. Thanks, Ellen
2) Answer the questions.
3) Ping back to the creator. I had to look on Ellen's blog to see who is was. So . . .Ellyn of Allonsythornraxx 
4) Nominate 5+ bloggers to do the tag!

And now, the questions: 

Why did you start blogging, and why have you kept blogging?
I started blogging because I thought it sounded like a lot of fun . . . and, well, I've kept blogging because as it turns out, it is a lot of fun! 

What is your favorite type of blog post to write?
Hmm. I'd say probably my story snippets. Oh, yes, and the Favorite Books and Authors recommendations! I love to share a good book with other people. I'd say tags, too, but besides this one, I haven't done any others, so I'm not sure it counts.

What are your top three favorite blog posts?
Oh my. I just started my blog about a month ago, and I don't have many posts. Well, well! I guess that means this should be easy! Probably Story Snippet #4,
Salute to Our Country, and Baking Endeavors.

What are some of your favorite things to do to relax?
Curl up on the couch with a good book, have an interesting conversation with my friends, cuddle babies, write, look at old photos of my family and me, go through the neighborhood in December looking at Christmas lights, eat ice cream, and lay in a tent listening to the early-morning rustling noises.

What are three of your favorite things?
Only three?? Hmm. How about a good book, a newborn baby, and the wonderfully refreshing ocean breeze?

What are your proudest blogging moments?
When I first launched my blog, when I published my first post, and when I got my first comment. *grins in remembrance*

What are your hobbies outside of blogging?
Oh, that's a handful. Writing, reading, singing, camping, hiking, country/square dancing (like the Virginia Reel), taking to friends, teasing cats (if you can call that a hobby), holding babies, and helping put up Christmas decorations (though that only comes once a year).

Describe your personality in three words.
Uhhh. I'd need someone else's opinion for this. I don't want to be inaccurate . . . or sound prideful! *hurries off to ask a sister* Okay, got it. I had to mix multiple answers and came up with this: friendly, sensitive, and creative. That's pretty accurate.

What are your top three pet peeves?
Ooooh. Hmm. I'll keep this simple. When my clean folded pile of clothes somehow gets knocked off my bed onto the floor; cats shedding their hair on my clean pillow; and when our bowls get put in the cupboard haphazardly (I like to stack them up strategically, by height).

What is something your followers don't know about you?
Only one?? Okay, I guess I'll have to make this good. Let's see . . . I absolutely love the smell of clothes that come out of a certain closet of ours.


   Whew! I made it through my first tag without messing up (I hope)! Alrighty, now to the people I'm nominating! I know the rules say "5+" people, but so many of my fellow bloggers have already been tagged for this. (Plus, I don't know many bloggers-- I'm new to this.) Also, a random wonderful person informed me that I don't actually have to do that exact amount. (You know who you are. Thanks!) So I tag simply anyone who wants to do it! Any of you who read this blog, that applies to you, if you want it! 

Got another tag lined up for the future, so stay around! 

Signed,
Martha

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for doing the tag, Martha!! I thoroughly enjoyed reading your answers and getting to know more about you. :)
    I love your blog and all the posts you've written!! Your little corner of the Internet is one of my favorites. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have fun doing it!

      Aww, thanks so much, Ellen! I really like your blog too.

      Delete

If your comment doesn't show up immediately, don't worry. It'll be up as soon as I approve it.