Wednesday, July 22, 2020

A Poem

Hello all! I am doing a fairly short post this time. I am simply sharing a poem I just wrote . . . literally, like five or ten minutes ago. I love to write poetry, and ones with true Biblical themes are wonderful! With that said, I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it. As always, please do not copy it without my permission. *smile*

The Ocean’s Master

      (Job 38:10-12) 


What on earth has the eye seen 

That is more vast can sight can tell,  

And mightier than the ocean’s fury, 

With its every wave and swell?


Who measures the water’s limits

And sets boundaries for its place?

What one can fathom the size

Of its every occupied space?


What being can prevent its reach

And set against it bars and doors?

Who bids its proud waves stop, 

Unfazed by the sea’s roars?


There can only be one answer,

Only one capable of such might;

That One is the same being 

Who commands the day and night.


The One who stretches out the heavens,

Who teaches the dawn to know its place;

And commands the sun to reveal itself

And pour its rays on the earthen face.


This Master has unfathomable power ,

And commands all with His rod,

For He is the Creator of everything,

The one and only God.


I hope to post again soon about . . . well, you'll see what it is when I post it.


Signed,

Martha


6 comments:

  1. Love this!! <3 <3 <3
    Thanks for sharing. :) You truly have a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww!! I love the theme of this poem!! And the fourth and fifth stanzas...those are just beautiful! <3

    Also - not sure if you like to do tags, but I tagged you for one!
    https://abbyelissa.blogspot.com/2020/07/the-simple-things-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the theme too! So amazing that the One Who commands the dawn and sea knows MY name, right?

      Actually, I do like tags! Thanks, Abby! I think I might give it a go!

      Delete
    2. Yes, that is just amazing! <3
      Wonderful! :)

      Delete

If your comment doesn't show up immediately, don't worry. It'll be up as soon as I approve it.