Saturday, July 18, 2020

Baking Endeavors


Okay, this one is about, as the title suggests, my "baking endeavors." Call them what you will, they are the adventures I have had while trying to expand my talents to include baked treats . . . namely, cake. While my decorating skills aren't always working how I'd like them to, I am too stubborn to make a cake and then let someone else frost it because I'm having a hard time. *grin* That habit --coupled with the fact that I tend to forget that if you use a bag of decorator frosting nonstop for too long, your hands will warm it until it turns into decorator slush-- makes for some very interesting cakes. I can't tell you how many times I have had to improvise when my frosting turned to liquid. 

   Anyway, today will be featuring my sugary culinary talents. So if you'd care to take a trip down Bakery Lane with me, here they are:

                          A birthday bumblebee cake.


              A randomly colorful cake... rainbow?


A heart cake with butterfly. 


And these are pictures of swirls I made in the batter before it was baking. Playing with colors on a cake is so much fun!






There's been more, but that's all that I'm sharing for now. Stay tuned; I've been getting more of my story written. A snippet might be just around the corner!   
 
Which cake was your favorite?                                                                 

Signed,                                                                                                    
Martha                                                                                                                                                   

9 comments:

  1. Wow!! These are all so pretty!! And I'm sure they taste just as amazing as they look. *mouth waters* 😍
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! They actually did taste pretty good, if I do say so myself. :)

      Delete
  2. p.s. Hurrah for another story snippet!! Can't wait to read it! 💙

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! Cake decorating sounds like fun. :) I like the bumblebee one the best; it's cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, cake decorating is fun. Though it can be stressful for me personally, because I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to creating beauty with frosting.

      Delete
  4. Good job, Martha! I like the bumblebee one best :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! I actually like the bumblebee one best too, I think.

      Delete

If your comment doesn't show up immediately, don't worry. It'll be up as soon as I approve it.