Thursday, May 27, 2021

Book Review Marathon #7: Rebel Mind

    And we've made it! This is our last stop. We've made good time in this marathon, and thank you for running it with me! This is the final book, book 6, Rebel Mind.


Rebel Mind (AKA Simon Lee Book 6) by [P.D. Atkerson]


Sensitive content: some mild language such as "heck", "darn", and "idiot", some intense scenes, some violence

Age recommendation: 13+

My rating: 4 stars


   Last book released. And what an ending this book has! Honestly, I wasn't sure what to thing for a bit there, but as always, something unexpected happens that changes the course of the story. These books have a penchant for that, don't they? 

   Okay, first of all, I want to note that this book is definitely the most intense of all of them. It also has quite a bit more psychological stuff in it than the other ones do. Example: it deals with tech trying to reprogram a person's brain. So, it's a bit more intense than some people prefer. I thought I'd note that up front. This book isn't necessarily for everybody.

   While it is more psychological than I usually read, I personally found it interesting. Lee's a whole lot smarter than the villains give him credit for. In fact, one of the biggest mistakes they make is underestimating Simon Lee. He wasn't in the top ten on the FBI list for nothing! 

   This book drew most (or a lot, at least) of the plot points together. And it has my favorite character in it, so that's a plus. (For everyone who has read it and knows what in the world I'm talking about, that character, is KY.)




1 comment:

If your comment doesn't show up immediately, don't worry. It'll be up as soon as I approve it.