Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Book Review: Phantom Thief AKA Simon Lee

    If I could say one word. One word to sum up my feelings about what transpired in this crazy book. That word would be . . .

   Wow.

   I'm going to be honest. This one threw me for a loop. It was exciting, frustrating, befuddling, and very, very good at making me feel inferior. (AKA . . . Simon Lee has all the technological smarts that I do not!) Which specific book am I talking about? 


Phantom Thief (AKA Simon Lee Book 1) by [P.D. Atkerson]


Sensitive content: some mild language such as "moron," "heck," and "idiot;" some intense scenes, some violence

Age recommendation: 13+

My rating: 4 stars


   I'd heard a lot about this one from writer friends of mine, so I was pretty excited when we got it for free. I proceeded to read about halfway through before having to put it down (the horrors!). I made sure to pick it up as soon as conveniently possible, however, and I finished it last night. And did it ever finish! That was definitely a surprise ending. I've no clue how I was oblivious to the hints sprinkled throughout the storyline, but I never saw that coming! How . . . ?? 

   It's smart, witty, exciting, and rather strange at times (but then, I gave up trying to understand the main character some time ago). But it did not fail my expectations for a wild ride through Lee's escapades, spur-of-the-moment-yet-somehow-planned-at-the-same-time encounters with *ahem* certain detestable characters, and quick wit. 


Signed,

Martha

3 comments:

  1. Yikes! I started reading Phantom Thief two days ago and wow, am I hooked. That was so, so epic. I just finished Ghost Hunter (#4) and I don't think a series has had me this hooked in a long time. XD And seriously...all that tech stuff is SOOO COOL!!! I could see a lot of the super big plot points coming in Phantom Thief but that plot was so complex and awesome it just made it cooler. I think it's gonna need a reread too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, glad you liked it, Faith! I agree; it's super interesting. I've only read the first two, and I so want to read Murphy Lawson!

      Delete

If your comment doesn't show up immediately, don't worry. It'll be up as soon as I approve it.