Wednesday, December 16, 2020

10 Days of Christmas #7: Movies


       

   Hello everybody, and welcome to the Ten Days of Christmas blog party! I'm very excited to be participating in this. This blog event will be posted every two days. Specifically, December 4th, 6th, 8th, 10th, 12th, 14th, 16th, 18th, 20th, and 22nd. On each day but the last one, the theme will be associated with a certain letter of "Christmas." At the end of the event (the 22nd), the winner of the giveaway will be announced.

With that brief overview out of the way, let's get started!

Today's letter from C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S is "M" for 

         

   We wait until after Thanksgiving, and then the day after . . .

   It's Christmas season, and that means we can start watching Christmas films! I enjoy a good holiday movie. Even though we usually just rewatch the ones we already know, sometimes an extra one or two sneaks into the batch.

Here's a few I like:


-It's a Wonderful Life

   Good movie. It emphasizes how just how many blessings we have that we often forget about. Some kissing (but it's nothing I personally consider inappropriate).


-Shop Around the Corner

   A Christmastime romantic comedy. I only just watched this last year for the first time, and I personally really enjoyed it. Where has this movie been hiding?? As a (very) brief and vague synopsis, a gal and guy start falling in love over their anonymous letters, but they are bitter enemies in the workplace because each does not know the other is their pen pal. Some kissing (but same sentiment as with the above movie). Nothing else questionable (that I can remember. I haven't rewatched it this holiday season yet).



-A Charlie Brown Christmas

Classic. Fun. And does mention the real reason for the season. 

A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965) - Rotten Tomatoes


-White Christmas

   A tale of two war buddies who go into show business . . . and end up meeting two lovely ladies. Some kissing (same sentiment as above) and some other scenes I personally find a little strange, but that's cause they're in show biz. I don't mind them too much, but I can get awkward over random stuff. Feel free to disagree with me on this or not. ;)

Amazon.com: White Christmas: Rosemary Clooney, Bing Crosby, Vera Ellen,  Danny Kaye


   I am going to hop off down the rabbit trail for a few moments here, so bear with me. This technically isn't a bona fide "Christmas" movie, but it has Christmas in it, and it's my favorite version of this story, so on the list is goes!


-Little Women- BBC version

Yes. Yes. And yes. This is definitely my favorite version. And we all know Little Women has Christmas appear multiple times in the storyline. It's even mentioned at the very beginning; "Christmas" is the very first word of the book! So yep, it's on my list. 

Little Women (TV Mini-Series 2017) - IMDb


   I have other favorite Christmas films, but I'm going to pause the post here. See you in two days for the next "10 Days of Christmas" post!


Visit Little Blossoms for JesusCulinary Scribbles, and Rebekah's Reading Room to see the coordinating posts from the other participants, and don't forget to enter the giveaway!




3 comments:

  1. I've seen all of these except that version of "Little Women".
    And there are some things in "White Christmas" that I dislike – several of the dances, and the guys singing the ladies song – but the story line. And the ending!!!!
    I really like "It's a Wonderful Life."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, several scenes are kind of awkward in "White Christmas," but I enjoy the other parts.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the recommendations, Martha!

    ReplyDelete

If your comment doesn't show up immediately, don't worry. It'll be up as soon as I approve it.