Friday, July 31, 2020

It is Finished

   This July I have been participating in an online writing camp. The King's Daughters Writing Camp, to be specific. It's been a wonderful experience and such an encouragement to meet likeminded ladies who share my belief and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ. He was the One who gave me my talent and love for writing, and it has been so nice to make new friends who feel the same way. 

   I have had the pleasure of being in this camp for about a month, and what an adventure it's been! 


   And now I am very excited to announce that I met both my goals for the writing camp! And I look forward to joining this lovely group again in the future, God willing!


  
   But all good things --even this writing camp-- must come to an end, right? Well, yes, this camp is, sadly, drawing to a close today, along with the end of this month. However, not all good things come to an end! And the focus of this camp has been on that unending joy we have. It's been on that blessed hope we have that will never draw to an end, never expire, and never dim.

   And that hope is in Jesus Christ. The One who cried "It is finished" on the cross (John 19:30) as He took the price for all our sins upon Himself (Isaiah 53:5) and provided a way of salvation to all those who would believe, turn from those sins they no longer need to be enslaved by, and put their trust and hope in Him (Romans 10:9). What a wonderful message! And this hope does not change.

   This is the One who had gifted me with my ability to write, and I will use my talents for His glory!

Signed,
Martha

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful post, Martha! Thanks for being a part of camp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for setting it up! It's been a wonderful blessings to me.

      Delete
  2. I loved reading this! Beautiful post. I'm so thankful God could use this camp to bless you. <3 You truly do have an amazing gift for writing, and I can't wait to read more of your work! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you. I'm so pleased you're enjoying my work. <3

      Delete
  3. Love this, Martha!!! So glad to get to know you <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was wonderful to get to know you, too, Katja!

      Delete
  4. Well said Martha! I think we're all looking forward to the next camp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true, Martha! We've all enjoyed camp so much, haven't we? It's been so much fun getting to know you, and I hope we'll both be at many future camps together!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had so much fun getting to know you, too! Not to mention the hilarious conversations we had. I hope we'll be at camp in the future, as well.

      Delete

If your comment doesn't show up immediately, don't worry. It'll be up as soon as I approve it.