Sunday, July 5, 2020

Salute to Our Country

Sorry for being a day late, but I couldn't very well make a post of this if I had no pictures . . thus, the belated post. Oh, and as another note, these pictures are all mine. Please do not take any of them. Thanks! Now please enjoy this extra-long post!  

   Hello, friends! Well! If yesterday wasn't exciting, I don't know what is! The games, prizes, expectation hanging thick in the air, and, of course, those beautiful colors of our national flag--red, white, and blue! And I could go on and on about it, but, as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. And while I love to write words, I feel that cutting down each thousand-word description into a picture is much more efficient . . . and fun! So with that, enjoy these descriptions of the:

Decorations!! Because what party would the 4th of July be with no decorations, right?

                                                                              
                                                                               

                                                                                                           

Furry guest! Meet the sweet, silly little girl that, I am sure, was pleased as punch to be present at the festivities!

                                                                               


Activities! I haven't room to describe all of them, but I will mention the especially important ones!

Who doesn't love a good water balloon war?
                                                                               


    And, of course, the beloved campfire! 
                                                                               


And . . this thing! Our own homemade piñata!
                                                                               

Before I go any further, I must clarify a few things. The credit for the creation of that piñata goes to my older sister. While I would love to take some credit for it, I cannot. I merely stuck the tissue paper "stars" on it and gave my big sis the pieces of tape she needed. *rubs the tip of my finger in remembrance* She did an amazing job! I must admit, it was kind of sad to watch others beat up that work of art. *grin* With that, on to the next thing. . . .

Those awe-inspiring bombs of sky-glitter we like to call . . . *cues drumroll* . . . fireworks! And let me tell you, they were causing the sky to be covered with brilliant lights, the air to be covered with the unmistakeable scent of smoke, and my ears to be covered with earmuffs! But oh! They made me dash madly all over the place, desperately trying to snap some good pictures. And to my delight, my racing around crazily resulted in photos that turned out better then I'd expected! So here they are, so you can see them, too. Stand back and enjoy the show!

                                                                               

.                                                                              

                                                                               

                                                                               

This one came out strange, but when I actually looked at it, I realized I liked it.
                                                        



Well, that's all of the virtual journey. All that's left for me to do is wish you all a Happy Independence Day and give a heartfelt salute to our country. As I said yesterday to one of my siblings,

"As long as there is breath in me, God is my King, the USA is my country, and I am still a patriot!"

Signed,
Martha

4 comments:

  1. I love this post so much! The pictures are all absolutely spectacular!!! :) :) :)
    Happy Independence Day to you as well! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm kind of proud of the pictures. They came out better than I expected! *big smile*

      Delete
  2. So cool! I loved the pictures!

    ReplyDelete

If your comment doesn't show up immediately, don't worry. It'll be up as soon as I approve it.